Criminal Trial Attorney
ABOUT PUGET LAW GROUP
Puget Law Group (PLG) is the premiere Criminal and DUI Defense firm in the Pacific Northwest. Our experienced team of 11 criminal attorneys, including eight former prosecutors, are quite simply the highest rated and most qualified criminal defense firm in the Pacific Northwest.
The fastest growing criminal defense firm in the U.S., PLG is committed to providing our clients with an experience that exceeds expectations, while delivering the best results. Our vision is to become the biggest and best criminal defense firm in the Western United States by 2025, in order to offer the best legal representation to the most deserved people as possible.
What we have accomplished over the past several years is largely due to the fact that we view ourselves not only as a law firm, but as a business. We firmly believe that, in order to dominate as attorneys on behalf of our clients, we need to dominate business-wise as well.
Success means growth. In business, if you are not growing, you are dying. This is especially true with law firms. At PLG we are all about that growth. We are committed to crushing it, allergic to complacency, and we never rest on our laurels. Our accolades and accomplishments include:
- “Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the U.S.” — 2020 (#769) and 2021 (#9)
- “Puget Sound Business Journal Fastest Growing Private Companies in Washington State” — 2020 (#4) and 2021 (#8)
- “Law Firm 500 Fastest Growing Law Firms in the U.S.” – 2020 (#8), 2021 (#15)
- South Sound Magazine’s Best Attorney, 2021 (Casey Arbenz)
- Best Criminal Defense Lawyers In Tacoma 2021 (Expertise.com)
- Top 3 DUI Attorneys in Tacoma 2020, 2021 (ThreeBestRated.com)
We have achieved this growth because we are hungry – we hustle, dig deep, and kick more ass than any other firm in our market. Our amps go up to 11. We know that, to truly crush it, we must work both harder and smarter than our counterparts, which includes both “the Government” and those who see themselves as our competition.
Champions are built through hard work, discipline, and sacrifice. There are no silver medals or red ribbons in our trophy case; we’re here to win championships.
As a Trial Attorney on our Criminal Defense team, you will handle a busy caseload of misdemeanors (including DUIs) as well as felonies.
You must also be committed to being an active part of our growth goals and need to succeed. PLG is no place for the passive or complacent; there are plenty of government and “boutique” law firm gigs out there for both types. Our attorneys are expected to hustle in signing up prospective clients, to actively engage in brand-building and content creation, and to participate in our marketing and advertising efforts.
We work as a team, which means you will be expected to assist the other attorneys and partners with court coverage as needed, while maintaining the same level of professionalism that our clients expect. You will also be expected to share after-hour and weekend “on call” duties with the others on a rotating basis.
Our requirements are pretty straightforward. For consideration you must:
- Have an authentic passion for defending the accused.
- Be fully committed to and “all in” on our VISION. PLG is not a career stepping-stone, or a place to “get a year or two experience in court before moving on to bigger and better things.” This team IS the bigger/better thing. You can’t wait to grab an oar and start rowing.
- Possess empathy, resourcefulness, and grit. And a MOTOR.
- Know how to “sell” yourself, your fellow attorneys, and PLG to “Prospective New Clients” (“PNCs”), and have no hesitancy doing so.
- Understand how important content is (or at least, upon understanding our take on it) and have nothing but an enthusiastic attitude about it, willingness to engage in creating it, and no reservations whatsoever about what is expected of you and the entire team regarding it;
- Have the innate ability to stay loose under pressure and cool under fire. Criminal defense can be messy – especially when you’re the fastest growing defense firm in the country – and we get pretty deluged with new clients on a regular basis;
- Have a team-centric attitude – must work well with support staff, fellow attorneys, and partners – truly be able to check your ego at the door;
- Have NO FEAR of growth, hard work, success, or heights (you may well find yourself 50 feet high on a billboard!); and
- Be a BADASS.
And although not required, if you have any of these in your arsenal, you’ll only look better:
- Have at least 3 years’ experience handling criminal matters in court (defense and/or prosecution)
- Bilingual (Spanish, Korean, other)
- License to practice and experience in Federal Court
- License to practice and experience in Oregon and/or Idaho
- background / experience in business and/or marketing
SCOPE AND COMPENSATION
This position is full time and onsite in either our Seattle or Tacoma office (after a short period in Tacoma to determine best fit).
Benefits include paid parking, PTO/Sick Leave, Health Insurance (including Vision/Dental), HSA, and 401k with Corporate Matching.
Salary and bonus/earning opportunities are one of a kind in our industry, with potential to earn $120-200k/yr (or more) between base and commission. This is dependent on your willingness to hustle, your ability to sell yourself and this Firm, and your commitment to excellence in representing our clients. Bottom line — If you’re great at what you do, have a motor, and make good on our commitment to our clients, there is simply no other criminal law position in the PNW where you will find anywhere near the earning opportunities you will find at PLG. None.
So – if you’re looking for a gig promising you a relaxed 35 hour a week schedule, a remote work environment, with no pressure, low expectations, lousy coffee, and little if any room for growth — there’s a place for you out there, but it’s not PLG, and we wish you the best in your search.
But if you have the need for speed, the eye of the tiger, and a deep desire to be a key part of a nationally ranked, rapidly growing, badass team of freedom fighters — then we look forward to hearing from you.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter, letting us know why you are the Game Changer we are looking for, with “Your Next Game Changing Trial Attorney” in the subject line, along with resume, to [email protected]
NOTE – ANY SUBMISSION THAT DOES NOT MEET THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PERIOD.