Criminal Defense Legal Assistant
Puget Law Group (PLG), the largest Injury and Criminal Defense firm in the Pacific Northwest, is is seeking an experienced Criminal Defense Legal Assistant to join our team.
PLG is committed to providing our clients with an experience that exceeds expectations, while delivering the best results. Our Vision at PLG is to be the most visible law firm in the Pacific Northwest. Through an unwavering commitment to growth, to excellence both in business and in the courtroom, and to caring for each client as though they were our only client, we are building the Injury and Criminal Defense law firm of the future. By staying true to this commitment on behalf of our clients, our community, and each other, we have built a solid and sustainable foundation that has enabled PLG to become the largest and highest rated law firm of our kind on the West Coast.
Our accolades and accomplishments include:
- Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the U.S. — 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Puget Sound Business JournalFastest Growing Private Companies in Washington State — 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Law Firm 500 Fastest Growing Law Firms in the U.S. – 2020, 2021, 2023
- National Trial Lawyers Golden Gavel Award, Client Testimonial – 2022, 2023
- South Sound Magazine Best Attorney, 2021
- Best Criminal Defense Lawyers In Tacoma 2021 (Expertise.com)
- Top 3 DUI Attorneys in Tacoma 2020 – 2023 (ThreeBestRated.com)
ROLE / RESPONSIBILITIES
As a PLG Criminal Defense Legal Assistant, your primary responsibilities include:
- Manage and coordinate daily 12+ attorney calendar schedules of internal/external meetings, in-person and web hearing confirmations across multiple counties, prioritize need basis
- Perform weekly calendar sweeps for 12+ attorneys’ hearings
- Obtain, organize, track physical files and review including discovery documents and treatment plans
- Conduct routine pending file system checks
- Ensures maintenance of public disclosure requests
- Facilitate Post Disposition procedures, including archiving
- Monitor, assist, and process with matters related to DUI and driving related discovery
- Support front desk duties, answering/redirecting phone calls, take notes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree in paralegal, certificate, or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Personal injury experience helpful
- 1-5 years of experience as administrative/office assistant (preferably legal setting)
- Detail oriented, highly organized, ability to multitask and prioritize, excellent verbal and written communication, professional
- Self-motivated to work independently and foster a positive cohesive team atmosphere
- Ability to prioritize workloads, adapt to competing demands and meet deadlines
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, Clio(is a plus)
- Comfortable shoes work place
- Bilingual(especially Spanish or Korean) is a plus
- This is an in-person job, not remote
We offer competitive pay ($22-$24/hr) based on experience. Generous benefits include immediate matching 401(k), Health / Vision / Dental insurance, HSA, paid parking, and highly competitive PTO program.
HOW TO APPLY
If you think you’re a great fit for this exciting growth opportunity, please send a resume and a cover letter telling us why you are a perfect fit for PLG to:
Candidates who meet our standard for interviewing are encouraged to research and learn more about PLG prior to the interview.
To learn more about PLG, visit us at pugetlawgroup.com or plgwins.com.