Criminal Defense Paralegal
PUGET LAW GROUP, a rapidly growing Criminal Defense Law Firm in the Puget Sound area, is searching for an experienced Criminal Defense Paralegal for our Tacoma location.
At PLG, Our Vision is to #OUTCARE every other attorney and law firm in our market. Our commitment to this Vision is key to our growth and success. For the past three years, PLG has been listed in the Inc. 5000 “Fastest Growing Private Companies in the U.S.,” the Puget Sound Business Journal’s “Fastest Growing Private Companies in Washington State,” and recognized as The Fastest Growing Criminal Defense Law Firm in the U.S. by Law Firm 500.
We are seeking an exceptionally skilled Criminal Paralegal who not only desires but thrives in the challenges of an extremely high energy, fast paced, ever-changing atmosphere. The ideal candidate must be a committed contributor with an enthusiastic team growth mindset, collaborating in tandem with attorneys and staff in providing our clients the best possible results. Responsibilities and duties are as follows:
• Proficient and competent in managing caseload from intake to disposition in several jurisdictions
• Organize, maintain, monitor attorneys’ hearing and trial calendars
• Draft, prepare, file documents in several jurisdictions
• Manage case files using our electronic case management system
• Prepare and organize physical case files, discovery and trial binders
• Download, organize, review and index investigation materials
• Communicate with court staff, prosecutors and clients
• Meet with clients for discovery review
• Assist lawyers in preparing for trials
• Perform additional tasks as assigned
Previous experience as a Criminal Legal Assistant and/or Paralegal with litigation support (5 years) required, along with attention to detail, a winning disposition, and ability to effectively handle stressful moments with a smile. Familiarity with MS Office/Outlook, Google Drive and Clio (or similar CMS software) also required.
Position is on-site, full time (40/wk). We offer competitive pay depending on experience and performance. Generous benefits include paid parking, PTO/Sick Leave, Health Insurance (including Vision/Dental), HSA and 401k with Corporate Matching.
To apply, please provide your resume and cover letter via the form below., or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about PLG, please visit our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram (links at the bottom of this page).