Puget Law Group (PLG), the premiere Criminal and DUI Defense firm in the Pacific Northwest, is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated, and skilled Trial Attorney to join our team.
Recognized for the past three years as The Fastest Growing Criminal Defense Firm in America, PLG is committed to providing our clients with an experience that exceeds expectations, while delivering the best results. Our Vision is to #OUTCARE every other attorney and law firm in our market. By staying true to this commitment on behalf of our clients, our community, and each other, we have built a solid and sustainable foundation that has enabled PLG to become one of the largest and highest rated law firms of our kind on the West Coast.
In business, if you are not growing, you are dying. This is especially true with law firms. At PLG we are all about that growth. We are committed to crushing it, allergic to complacency, and we never rest on our laurels. Our accolades and accomplishments include:
- “Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in the U.S.” — 2020, 2021, 2022
- “Puget Sound Business Journal Fastest Growing Private Companies in Washington State” — 2020, 2021, 2022
- “Law Firm 500 Fastest Growing Law Firms in the U.S.” – 2020, 2021, 2022
- South Sound Magazine’s Best Attorney, 2021 (Casey Arbenz)
- Best Criminal Defense Lawyers In Tacoma 2021 (Expertise.com)
- Top 3 DUI Attorneys in Tacoma 2020, 2021 (ThreeBestRated.com)
We have achieved this growth because we are hungry – we hustle, dig deep, and kick more ass than any other firm in our market. Our amps go up to 11. We know that, to truly crush it, we must work both harder and smarter than our counterparts, which includes both “the Government” and those who see themselves as our competition.
Champions are built through hard work, discipline, and sacrifice. There are no silver medals or red ribbons in our trophy case; we’re here to win championships.
As a Trial Attorney on our Criminal Defense team, you will handle a busy caseload of misdemeanors (including DUIs), and felonies depending on experience.
You must also be committed to being an active part of our growth goals and need to succeed. PLG is no place for the passive or complacent; there are plenty of government and “boutique” law firm gigs out there for both types. Our attorneys are expected to hustle in signing up prospective clients, to actively engage in brand-building and content creation, and to participate in our marketing and advertising efforts.
We work as a team, which means you will be expected to assist the other attorneys and partners with court coverage as needed, while maintaining the same level of professionalism that our clients expect. You will also be expected to share after-hour and weekend “on call” duties with the others on a rotating basis.
Our requirements are pretty straightforward. For consideration you must:
- Have an authentic passion for defending the accused.
- Be fully committed to and “all in” on our VISION. PLG is not a career stepping-stone, or a place to “get a year or two experience in court before moving on to bigger and better things.” This team IS the bigger/better thing. You can’t wait to grab an oar and start rowing.
- Possess empathy, resourcefulness, and grit. And a MOTOR.
- Know how to “sell” yourself, your fellow attorneys, and PLG to “Prospective New Clients” (“PNCs”), and have no hesitancy doing so.
- Understand how important social media and content is (or at least, upon understanding our take on it) and have nothing but an enthusiastic attitude and willingness to engage in creating it.
- Have the innate ability to stay loose under pressure and cool under fire. Criminal defense can be messy – especially when you’re the fastest growing defense firm in America – and we get pretty deluged with new clients on a regular basis;
- Have a team-centric attitude – must work well with support staff, fellow attorneys, and partners – truly be able to check your ego at the door;
- Have NO FEAR of growth, hard work, success, or heights (you may well find yourself 50 feet high on a billboard!); and
- Be a BADASS.
And although not required, if you have any of these in your arsenal, you’ll only look better:
- Have at least 3 years’ experience handling criminal matters in court (defense and/or prosecution)
- Bilingual (Spanish, Korean, Russian, other)
- License to practice and experience in Federal Court
- License to practice and experience in Oregon and/or Idaho
- background / experience in business and/or marketing
SCOPE AND COMPENSATION
This position is full time and onsite in either our Tacoma office or one of our other five locations (TBD).
Benefits include paid parking, PTO/Sick Leave, Health Insurance (including Vision/Dental), HSA, and 401k with Corporate Matching.
Salary and bonus/earning opportunities are highly competitive. No other firm of our kind can offer the opportunities to earn that PLG can.
So – if you’re looking for a gig promising you a relaxed 35 hour a week schedule, a remote work environment, with no pressure, low expectations, lousy coffee, and little if any room for growth — there’s a place for you out there, but it’s not PLG, and we wish you the best in your search. But if you have the need for speed, the eye of the tiger, and a deep desire to be a key part of a nationally ranked, rapidly growing, badass team of freedom fighters — then we look forward to hearing from you.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter, letting us know why you are the Game Changer we are looking for, with “Your Next Game Changing Trial Attorney” in the subject line, along with resume, to [email protected], or via the form below.
NOTE – ANY SUBMISSION THAT DOES NOT MEET THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PERIOD.