A domestic violence label may be appropriately or inappropriately added to several different charges. To prove that domestic violence occurred, the plaintiff must show that violence was committed against a household or family member.
If you’ve been brought up on domestic violence charges, Puget Law Group’s team of criminal defense lawyers in Seattle can help with your case. A Seattle domestic violence defense attorney from our firm will investigate your case, analyze evidence, and work hard to get your charges reduced or dropped.
Domestic Violence Charges a Seattle Defense Attorney Can Fight
There are many charges under the domestic violence umbrella you may face. However, the team at Puget Law Group has 11 attorneys, nine of whom are former DUI prosecutors. That means 150 years of combined experience combatting charges like yours, so you can be confident we have what it takes to address your charges appropriately and effectively.
We have the legal knowledge and skills required to defend you against any of the domestic violence-relation charges:
- Assault: Assault involves unwanted or offensive touching. If you’re facing domestic violence-related assault charges, our team can investigate the situation, represent you in court proceedings, and work tirelessly to protect you from unwanted outcomes.
- Harassment: Domestic violence harassment often involves one party threatening to hurt or kill the other party. If you’re facing such charges, our domestic violence defense attorneys in Seattle can provide the advocacy you deserve.
- No-contact order violation: If your domestic violence case involved a no-contact or protection order violation, prosecutors must prove that there was a protection order filed against you, that you were aware of the order, and that you violated it. Our team will take steps to help you avoid a no-contact order violation conviction.
- Malicious mischief: This offense involved causing damage to another party’s physical property. If your domestic violence case involves malicious mischief, you could be facing misdemeanor or felony charges. An attorney can help you get your charges reduced or dropped.
- Other charges: Depending on your unique situation, your domestic violence case may also include charges related to stalking, interfering with a report of domestic violence, or exposing children to domestic violence. If any of these offenses apply to your case, our Seattle domestic violence defense lawyer can offer legal advice and advocacy.
How a Domestic Violence Defense Lawyer From Seattle Can Help You
Since 2013, our team has taken the actions and measures required to defend countless individuals accused of domestic violence and other serious offenses. We’ve worked on many cases just like yours and know exactly what must be done to protect your permanent record and your future.
Here’s what our Seattle domestic violence defense lawyers can do to help your case:
Conduct a Thorough Investigation
Finding the right evidence can make the difference between a life-altering conviction and a reduced charge. Our team will collect and analyze witness testimonies, physical evidence, and other powerful records and forms of information to build a strong defense case.
Attempt to Get Your Charges Reduced
If you’re facing a multitude of serious charges, there’s a chance that you could accept a plea deal and plead to charges that are less severe than the ones you were facing initially. In a plea bargain situation, the prosecutor will offer you a deal to agree to lesser charges that you can accept or deny.
A domestic violence defense lawyer from Seattle, WA, can determine if the plea deal you receive is fair and answer any questions you have about it. If you reject the deal, your attorney can either negotiate a better deal or defend you from your initial charges in a court of law.
Defend You in Court
If your case goes to trial, you’ll need an experienced advocate by your side to explain your side of the story and fight your charges. Our firm has nine former prosecutors on staff, so you can rest assured that we have the trial experience and legal knowledge required to get you the best results possible.
Our Impressive Track Record and Positive Reviews
When you choose a domestic violence defense attorney from Seattle, WA, you want someone who is trusted in their community and has the skills necessary to win your case. Our firm’s previous case results and client reviews are a testament to our abilities and dedication to client success.
When you look at the verdicts we’ve won in the past and the testimonials that our previous clients have provided us with, you’ll realize that our team is the right choice for you. Hiring us will give you peace of mind that your case is in experienced hands.
Meet With a Seattle Domestic Violence Defense Lawyer for Free
Facing domestic violence charges is a serious matter that deserves a serious legal response. If you’ve been brought up on such charges, you’ll need a seasoned Seattle domestic violence defense attorney in your corner. A skilled lawyer from Puget Law Group can take the steps required to protect your record, reputation, and future.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with an attorney from our firm. They’ll meet with you to discuss your charges, answer any questions you have, and determine what your legal options are moving forward. We look forward to hearing from you soon and offering the representation you deserve.